Niva Bupa Health Insurance (Max Bupa Company Limited) has announced the launch of a Travel Assure plan to allow customers to plan their overseas travel hassle-free, offering comprehensive coverage to provide protection against any unforeseen medical emergencies.
The lifting of Covid-induced restrictions in most parts of the world is leading to an increase in international travel. The company says TravelAssure will appeal to travel and adventure sports enthusiasts who want complete peace of mind when visiting a foreign country.
Niva Bupa’s new plan includes various benefits and features such as inpatient and outpatient emergency medical care covering consultations and diagnostic tests, emergency medical evacuation, personal accident coverage, money daily cash from the hospital to cover out-of-pocket expenses and dental care. treatment. Travelers these days are aware of the risks involved when traveling abroad and are therefore more inclined to secure their trip with a comprehensive travel insurance plan. The plan also covers Covid-related hospitalizations. It also offers full coverage against pre-existing conditions up to the insured amount for “emergency inpatient medical care” for students going to study abroad.
Another key feature is the loan protection benefit under which the company will pay the balance of the loan amount if the insured person dies due to an accident during the period of insurance.
To make the travel plan more inclusive, the plan provides extended maternity cover, including childbirth, legal medical termination of pregnancy, the cost of a midwife or obstetrical nurse, and new cover. born for hospitalization and vaccination, subject to the sum insured limit defined in the policy. These benefits are only available to students going abroad for study.
Bhabatosh Mishra, Director – Underwriting, Products and Claims, Niva Bupa Health Insurance says, “The TravelAssure plan can benefit our existing and potential customers to make their trip abroad more enjoyable, without having to worry about financial risk. or medical. The product was designed to make travel a hassle-free experience for people and provide them with coverage against any unforeseen medical emergency or travel-related accident. This product will offer them insurance only in the event of an unfavorable incident during a trip abroad.
Nimish Agrawal, Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing, Niva Bupa Health Insurance says, “This product gives them the ability to travel with peace of mind. TravelAssure was conceptualized after understanding the needs or anxieties of international travelers in various segments. The sum obtained is our assurance to customers that they can enjoy their international trip, without having to worry about any untoward incident that may occur during their trip.
The company claims that to help customers during their trip, several additional features such as trip delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption, missed connection, lost passport, lost/delayed checked baggage, lost international driving license, loss of gadgets, bounced hotel/airline booking is offered as part of the plan.
Niva Bupa’s TravelAssure plan is available for sum assured ranging from USD 25,000 to USD 500,000 (Rs 20 lakhs to Rs 4 crore approximately). The plan is available only on an individual basis with a maximum age limit of 80 years.
Main characteristics of the plan;
- Emergency hospital and outpatient care – Coverage for medical emergencies, including medical consultations and diagnostic tests
- Provides COVID coverage – Medical expenses for hospitalization due to COVID-19
- Accident cover – Provides cover in the event of death, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability due to an accident
- Comprehensive Pre-Existing Condition Coverage – Pre-existing condition cover up to the amount of “emergency inpatient medical treatment” insured for students going abroad for study
- Medical evacuation – Reimbursement of the cost of transporting the insured from a hospital to the nearest medical facility
- Travel Protection – Various features that will help customers in case of emergency like trip cancellation or interruption, trip delay, lost passport, lost/delayed checked baggage, lost travel permit international driving and loss of electronic gadgets
- Loan Protector – The company will pay the principal balance of the loan in the event of the death of the insured person due to an accident during the period of insurance