The plan, called Travel Now, covers medical expenses, cancellations and trip interruptions due to illness (including Covid-19), as well as a full range of other coverage.
A more basic version of the plan, known as Travel Lite, is also available, which offers most of the same coverage without some enhanced benefits and optional cruise benefits.
The plan is currently available from a premium of HK$9 per day in a 35% discount offer until the end of 2022.
The plan is underwritten by BOC Group Insurance, a subsidiary of livi’s largest shareholder, BOC Hong Kong, and was launched to take advantage of the easing of Covid travel restrictions.
Travel Now offers a full range of benefits to travelers
Travel Lite offers a range of benefits, including:
- Double personal accident compensation up to HK$2.4 million (US$305,734)
- Protection for hazardous activities including bungee jumping, skydiving, rafting, diving, trekking and hot air ballooning
- Protection for Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) – delay of scheduled departure, reduction or cancellation
- Protection for car rental
- Emergency assistance services and benefits – emergency medical services, deposit securing hospital admission and medical evacuation
- Study cover for students – extension of cover for single full-time students
- Pet protection – up to HK$400 per night for an animal to stay in a pet hotel due to a travel delay of more than 24 hours.
Travel Plus includes all of the coverages included in the Travel Lite package, plus additional protections including:
- Enhanced benefits include a cash allowance covering mandatory quarantine and issuance of a ‘black alert’, personal computer and mobile phone coverage and extended critical incident coverage if travel is delayed
- Optional coverage for cruises in the event of cancellation, interruption or curtailment, as well as shore excursion cancellation benefits, satellite phone charges and coverage for other contingencies.