Why Women Should Consider Getting Extra Coverage
Hafele Argento kitchen sinks
Can you increase health insurance coverage? Yes, read on
Posted on January 25, 2022
Health insurance covers various types of medical expenses that you incur due to illness. Many Indians cannot receive high quality or timely treatment for their health problems, often due to a lack of insurance coverage. In fact, health insurance penetration in India is extremely low and most Indians do not yet have health insurance. If you are one of them, you must buy the best health insurance plan in india now. Otherwise, if you have one, it may be time to increase the insurance coverage. How? ‘Or’ What? By opting for a super recharge plan.
Why do you need super supplementary health insurance?
Many people often think that employer-provided health insurance is enough, but when you change jobs or when you retire, it can leave you completely vulnerable. It is best to have your own personal health insurance policy. Plus, to get maximum coverage with a minimum premium, a super top-up plan can be economical. The best super health supplement in India allows you to increase coverage for you and your family. The amount of coverage it provides can be increased beyond your primary insurance policy as soon as the insured amount of the latter becomes insufficient to fund medical expenses.
Here are some reasons and advantages to choose a super recharge:
- Your regular insurance plan has a certain limit on the insured amount. Thus, the policy cannot cover any medical expenses you incur over the limit. These costs will only continue to rise as medical inflation continues to grow at an unsustainable rate. In addition, the treatment of serious illnesses is more expensive. So you cannot be sure that your primary insurance plan can cover all these expenses. However, with a super recharge, you can have peace of mind.
- An insurance boost can also be useful in the event of an accident when your existing coverage amount may again be insufficient.
- A super supplemental plan works like a regular insurance policy, but only after a deductible. This is the part of the claimed amount that the insurer does not have to cover. You pay before the policy benefits take effect. So you pay less premium with a higher deductible. Thus, a super recharge increases the health insurance ceiling at a reduced cost.
- You can link the policy to an insurance plan provided by the employer when the waiting period for pre-existing conditions is generally waived.
- Like an ordinary insurance policy, you can enjoy tax deductions of up to ₹25,000 on the premium amount paid for the super supplement under the Income Tax Act, Section 80D.
What makes ManipalCigna Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan the best in India?
ManipalCigna offers comprehensive health insurance boost benefits as part of its super recharge plan. Here is an overview:
- The eligibility criteria are simple. Children between the ages of 91 days and 23 years and adults with a minimum age of 18 can apply for the policy.
- You have the choice between individual and family floating cover types. The family float is available for 2 adults and 3 children. Relationships covered include your spouse and dependent children, parents, siblings, cousins, parents-in-law, etc.
- You can obtain a 5% increase in the insured capital each year of insurance for a maximum of 50% of the insured amount, regardless of your claims.
- You can even take advantage of a cumulative bonus guaranteed to beat medical inflation.
- You can be covered for any category of room and for hospitalization costs lasting more than 24 hours. In addition, medical expenses are covered up to 60 days before hospitalization and 90 days after discharge. You can receive cashless treatment at over 6500 hospitals in India.
- The plan covers medical expenses for dialysis treatments, regardless of how often the insured person is hospitalized.
- The costs for treating an illness during the insurance year with alternative treatments like AYUSH are also covered. This includes expenses under Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
- Medical expenses for pre-existing illnesses may also be covered. Only a pre-existing waiting period applies for this.
- You can get insurance from ₹3 lakh to ₹30 lakh under the Super Top Up Plus plan with a premium of only ₹1,770 per year. You can avail insurance between ₹1 lakh to ₹30 lakh with a premium of ₹2,041 per year under the Super Top Up Select plan. With both, you can save taxes on the premium paid. For detailed premium information and terms and conditions, please read the product brochure and policy wording here, www.manipalcigna.com
- You can buy any of these plans even if you don’t have a health insurance policy yet. Just that you then have to pay the medical expenses out of pocket until the deductible amount is exceeded and the additional sum insured comes into effect.
Now you know the benefits of having an insurance boost. So, once the sum insured by your existing insurance policy becomes insufficient, opt for the best super supplementary health insurance plan in India from a reputable provider like ManipalCigna Health Insurance to enjoy a safer future.